iPod Car Adapting

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BrandonFox28, Mar 1, 2009.

1. BrandonFox28 macrumors newbie

I have a 3G iPod Nano and a new truck (2008 GMC Sierra 1500) and I would like to play my iPod in my car. I have read that the Kensington LiduidAUX is very good and I have also heard that the Griffin AutoPilot is good as well. Which do you prefer? I also was looking at the Dynex 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable. How is that? Also, I would like to mount my Nano to the windshield or dash (none of that cupholder rubbish). Is there any that would fit my 3G Nano nicely? Does the holder from the LiquidAUX deluxe work well with the Nano? Thanks for all the help and I'm happy to be a new member of MacForums.

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd just get a stereo with an audio jack... that gives the best quality and is a pretty simple solution.

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I have been using the Griffin iTrip Auto for a couple of years, and it has worked great. It looks like the have a new model out that works with the 4th gen Nano, 2nd gen Touch and iPhone. However, since you have a 3G Nano, you may want to look at the older version. It looks like the are clearing them out on the Griffin site.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripauto07