Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
That's what I'm looking for. I have a CD deck in my car that has an aux input, so I can play my iPod in my car fine. All of the car charger devices I've seen that have a remote also have an FM transmitter, and I don't need an FM transmitter.

The reason why I'm looking for a remote is so that I don't have to look at the Touch's screen every time I want to change to a different song.

What do you guys use to play and charge your iPod in your car and also change the music safely?

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I use an Alpine Deck (iDA-x001) with full speed ipod connectivity with the remote that comes with the deck...excellent for not having to actually use your ipod to change your music and stuff...you can put the USB cable anywhere, i have mine in the glovebox which is where it stays and is charged automatically.

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I use an Alpine Deck (iDA-x001) with full speed ipod connectivity with the remote that comes with the deck...excellent for not having to actually use your ipod to change your music and stuff...you can put the USB cable anywhere, i have mine in the glovebox which is where it stays and is charged automatically.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have money to buy a new cd deck, especially since the one I have now still works great. I'd love to get one with an iPod hook up though. That'd be sweet.

Anybody else with some help/info/insight?

adudeinblue

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2008
I recently got this from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Li...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216012104&sr=8-1

I own a 1999 Honda Prelude and I have custom deck with a aux in the front as well, so this thing fit perfectly. They have provided extra cable incase your aux hole is not as convient as my car. The remote is pretty neat. I strapped it on my car wheel and it's really nice and safe. What I like most about this stand is that it stands up and can rotate the ipod to video position and lock it in place. It's really secured in when you dock your touch and your passengers can enjoy a good movie. It really did clear up the cables issue I had with a normal aux wire and charger. Bit pricy, but you get what you pay for.

But be warned that it may not have the same fit for all cars. It might block your main controls in your vehicle, like climate control or even your air vent. So try to figure if it blocks anything before making the purchase because it is pricey

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Is that neck telescopic? The length it is in those pics are a bit too long and it would end up blocking my climate control, but if it can be shortened, then it would work perfectly.

Otherwise, I'll probably find something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Li..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05BDFDCRZS9VRB03KJKD

That was a great help. Thanks, man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.