iPod Car Chargers Doesn't work with 3g iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by z400central, Jul 11, 2008.

1. z400central macrumors regular

This is a big surprise! I used my ipod car charger and had no problems with the iPhone 1g. Now, it says that "This device does not work with this accessory. This will not charge" or something like that. Basically, it does not charge.

Funky!:confused:

2. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

It didn't know that my iPod car charger would also charge my iPhone.

Thanks for the inadvertent tip, and sorry I cannot be of help to you. Hope someone comes along who can, and in the meantime here is a bump to the top of forum list:D

Jude

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I've heard this but I didn't open my phone until I got home so I didn't try it in my car. I'd be sad if it made my $2 eBay car charger not work :(

4. z400central thread starter macrumors regular

Mine was about that price as well. Hmm

5. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

Apparently, it doesn't

.......work with my v1 phone either. I tried using my iPod car charger, and I was prompted to activate Airplane mode as the charger is not a compatible accessory, or words to that effect.

Oh well, I went out and purchased a car charger for $28 at BB.

Jude

6. cruzkontrol macrumors newbie

I went to Best Buy looking for a 3G car charger but they were sold out. So I asked one of the people working there if they had anymore in the back. She said no but assured me that an iPod car charger would work. So I bought one.

At first it wouldn't work. I was getting frustrated but out of nowhere it started working. It's really inconsistent in working. I regret not waiting and buying the actual 3G car charger.

7. RFR79 macrumors member

Try Radio Shack. I bought the Griffin Power Jolt for $20 and it works perfectly with my 3g iphone.