Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
My parents got yet another new car cause the old one died so I'm looking for a good car adapter for my 5G iPod. Its a 2006 Toyota Camry LE. Ive been looking at some adapters and I was trying to figure out what would would and why there is the price difference between models? Here's some of the one's I've been looking at.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oFHRdaZRvQI/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227450&I=581PA11TOY

and http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oFHRdaZRvQI/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227450&I=541PXDP

I told my dad I wanted to do this myself but I don't think he's going to let me. I would argue with him about it but then again he has paid out about $44,000 in under two months for nwe cars. He just doesn't want me to screw up his new car. So I'm thinking were going to take it to the dealership where we got it to have it installed. Any idea how much that might cost on top of this? Thanks for your help, I realize there are some similiar thread like this that I have read but I couldn't find the answer to this in it.

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
davefan6435 said:
I was trying to figure out what would would and why there is the price difference between models?

Did you call up Crutchfield and ask? Both devices look to do the exact same thing. If thats so, then just get the cheaper of the two, no need to try to figure out how economic forces beyond your control made the prices what it is. ;) :)

davefan6435 said:
Any idea how much that might cost on top of this?

Call the dealership up and ask, normally they charge much higher than places like best buy/circuit city type places.

Good luck to you, I have my ipod hooked up to my Alpine deck and I love it.
No more radio and no more stacks of cds in my car! :D

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
Yeah I know it might be more, but theres also a chance it could be less considering they sold us a car that had a little scrape on it that they noticed and thats why we have to bring it in for them to fix. I'll try calling them up. Ive been going insane the past few days dealing with cds, once you go iPod you definitly don't go back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.