Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imfrog2002

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
This might not get any answers here, but it's worth a shot. When we had our car's stereo replaced, we got one with an iPod dock connector, through the glove box. Well, our glove box is crap, and keeps coming unhinged, causing everything in there to fall out every time we open it to plug the iPod in. When they installed the new stereo, it was smaller than the factory one, so there's a space just below the stereo. I was wondering if there's anyone here who has re-wired the iPod adapter so that it runs through there instead of the glove box. Thanks. (The car is an 02 Chevy Malibu, and it's a Pioneer stereo with a VERY long dock connector cable.)

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
You can the wire any way you want since most likly it's just a plug on the back of the stereo. The hardest thing I think will be the opening up your dashboard to readjust the wire. Good luck

imfrog2002

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Well, considering that I need to remove the dashboard to replace the broken hazard switch, I'll bundle it together. Now I have a reason to get around to fixing the blinker. xP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.