iPod Cases With Magnet Solution

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Michaud68, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Michaud68 macrumors member

Ok I read the recent post about there possibly being a problem with the magnets in some cases. I have the same belkin in question.
    [​IMG]
    Now I'm not having any problems with my iPod Touch but I don't want to take any chances either. I was going to buy a new case but I looked at mine and came up with a simple solution to save me some money. I was able to pull the case back on both corners where the magnets were and a took a razor and made a small slit where both magnets were and took a tiny pair of needle nose and pulled the magnets out and you can't even tell I made the slit. So if you don't have your receipt and don't want to buy a new case or take any chances here is your solution.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

The solution is to end up with a case which no longer holds the
    device securely in place?

Ok.

R-Fly

3. Michaud68 thread starter macrumors member

No the magnets only stop the front cover from flapping but its heavy and doesn't really move much at all anyways I'll have to get pictures posted so you can see what I mean and if anyone can post a picture in the meantime of the belkin case in the other thread that would be great I tried but it didn't work for some reason

4. cashkill macrumors newbie

I had same problem of magnet wiping out music

used same fix works great plus I bought my nice leather flip top case on ebay for $6 plus 5. shipping great deal

5. amusiccale macrumors 6502

you could always cut some very small velcro pads to replace the magnet mechanism :D

6. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

geez buddy..the op was offering a solution.. I think a good one top as I'm sure magnets alone don't hold the touch in the case. Good one op. Thnx for helping us save some dough.

7. Michaud68 thread starter macrumors member

I'm glad to see someone understood what I was talking about geez it wasn't rocket science lol I did try the little circle stick on velcros but they didn't work. I'm gonna have to try and sew them on maybe that fashion design course I was forced to take in tech school might pay off after all LOL

8. cashkill macrumors newbie