iPod Charging Woes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beaker26, Oct 23, 2008.

1. beaker26 macrumors member

I have discovered my touch hasn't been charging at all in the past few days. It won't be recognized by iTunes when I plug it into my computer.

I'm running OSX 10.5.5, with a first generation touch running the newest firmware, and my iTunes is up to date. I generally use the firewire wall plug-in to charge my iPod, or a speaker system with a dock connector.

When I have my iPod plugged into the wall charger, speaker system, or computer the screen will turn on with an indicator that says the battery is low with a "Z" looking graphic under the battery.

Whenever I try to restore (Home+Sleep) the screen just turns off, and when I try to turn it back on the screen I described in the previous paragraph pops up.

Any help? I'm also pleased to say I bought my touch October 16th 2007, so the warranty have conveniently just passed.

I will add I tried charging it all night, and that didn't do anything. I've also had it plugged into my computer for 20 minutes now, with no change of the situation.

2. beaker26 thread starter macrumors member

I've found this support document: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808. But it seems to do nothing. The iPod can tell something is connected to it, but there is no charge happening.

This is really frustrating. Someone here has to of had some issue that is like mine and fixed it.

3. Funplex macrumors regular

Take it to a genius at Apple. Some other poster's warranty just passed as well, and they gave him a new iPod. It's worth a try.