iPod Classic 120GB Stolen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Fonzijr1964, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

I need to replace it but what should I buy? I liked the iPod classics and i love click wheels but i feel like im going to be spending a lot of money when i get my iPad +3G.

my current iTunes library (just the music) is 32GB.

2. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

iPod touch 64gb

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's twice as expensive as the iPod classic. The OP did state, the fact that a lot of money would be spent on the iPad, hence the dilemna.

@OP: Sorry to hear it was stolen. Maybe get the iPod classic used?

4. Fonzijr1964 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

i was thinking referb but im not sure yet

and i dot really like the iPod touch for just music as i have an iPhone and i find the lack of the click wheel some-what cumbersome. Not to mention the price

5. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

If you could somehow wait out till September there are supposed to be a 32Gb ipod nano out. I'm guessing a lot of your music is above 128kbps you could buy a smaller capacity ipod nano and just re encode your music on your nano to fit it all using the new feature in itunes 9.1.

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I don't like the touch interface either.

Refurb or a used 5th gen? If you got one with a dud hard drive off of ebay or somewhere you could stick in a bigger hard drive and a new battery pretty easily, let you sit it out until September.

It cost me about £50 to put a new battery and a 60GB hard drive in my 5th gen last year (when I outgrew my 30GB capacity). Working like a charm :D

7. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Refurb Silver or Refurb Black? :)

Even if he waited until the nano doubled in size, there would be no breathing space for more music or movies.