iPod Classic 160GB games

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iCharlie86, Dec 27, 2016.

1. iCharlie86 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have iPod classic 7gen 160GB and want to install some old games on it. I found games and FW with instructions, but FW is only for 5gen and 5.5gen. Is it possible to install games on 7gen? Where can I found FW for it.

BR Charlie

2. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

The Firmware on the iPod Classic (6th, 6.5 and 7th depending on what people want to call them) was also never hacked like the FW on the 5 & 5.5. Furthermore It's also not possible to download and install the original games that were compatible with the iPod classic that were sold through the iTunes store as the DRM on iPod games was never broken so downloaded games will always ask for the iTunes e-mail and password associated with the game file when adding it to iTunes.

3. iCharlie86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thank you for yours answer. Is there any way to buy games, since there are no more available on iTunes?

4. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

Unfortunately not since apple pulled the games in 2011. You can Rockbox your iPod which has games included but its's unstable on a iPod classic, but that a whole different game. But you can have a look here https://www.rockbox.org/