Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisher20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
We have numerous iPods in our house... One of them is a 160GB Classic. I won't sync all songs, it makes itunes run VERY slow and it can't be manually reset from the iPod. When I try to reset it it still shows the couple hundred songs that did sync (out of 5000). When I leave it alone long enough itunes will see the iPod and I can reset it in itunes.But it still won't sync all the music. I have it sent to manually manage my songs. I was trying to treat this iPod the same way I sync my 120GB Classic (which works and syncs fine). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

FixYouriTunes

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
This to me sounds like a battery problem. How old or new is the iPod? I have an iPod Classic 160 from 2006 and works and syncs fine but my older classics are starting to act up and are becoming really, really slow probably most likely from the software updates etc. That's my guess.

fisher20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
This to me sounds like a battery problem. How old or new is the iPod? I have an iPod Classic 160 from 2006 and works and syncs fine but my older classics are starting to act up and are becoming really, really slow probably most likely from the software updates etc. That's my guess.
It is only about 2 years old. So unfortunately it isn't covered under warranty any more.

Looks more like an hard drive failure, does it make weird clicks?
Yes it does make some weird sounds, the hard drive is actually very noisy when it runs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.