iPod Classic Backlight

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Roy Hobbs, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I have a 80 gig Silver iPod Classic and the backlight stays on ALL the time when I have the iPod plugged in.

Anyway to disable that other than turn off the backlight completely in Settings?

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

I don't know if this is the new standard. Try changing your backlight settings to something else then back again or try a reset.

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

When the iPod is plugged in, try holding down the menu button for a few seconds. I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try...

4. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I'm sure there is no way to turn it off while your iPod is plugged into your computer.
    But does it matter? Yes, I know it may shorten the backlight's life, but not in any noticeable way.

5. Roy Hobbs thread starter macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Even after turning off the backlight completely and the plugging in the iPod the backlight still comes on.

Its not really an issue, but I keep my iPod plugged into my computer while I am at work (basically using it as a large hard drive) and I use iTunes to play the contents of my iPod library.

So the backlight could be an issue down the road after being on for 8 hours a day 5 days a week

6. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

An issue is one way of putting it... what about ejecting it when it's not on use?

7. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I think I have the answer! Change your iPod's brightness to 0% and it will stay the same while you sync. It isn't really 0%, because the backlight is still on, but its fairly close.

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

My brother's new nano does it too. It's the new standard.

Prof. :apple: