iPod classic case

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Cole Slaw, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

Hi,
    I just recieved my 80 gig iPod Classic a couple of days ago.
    Pretty happy with it, but the metal casing on the bottom of it sure fingerprints up fast!
    So in order to keep that from happening and also to protect it from scratches, I want to get a case for it.
    Does anyone out there know if this model iPod will fit in the same case as the previous iPod does?
    Thanks.

2. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

the apple store online shows cases specifically for the iPod classic

3. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

If you're that worried about scratches, I would just get a PDA screen cover and put it on the back of your iPod. Cases on products like iPods usually do more than harm than good. They make the product more cumbersome, and less able to fit in your pocket.

I stopped using cases for that reason. A few scratches aren't going to stop me from enjoying my iPod. A cumbersome case will.

5. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

completely in agreement. cases make iPods ugly and clunkly. they're so sleek and sexy, why ruin it with essentially, pocket protectors?

6. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

I'm in the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue. I'm told by the Apple salesperson that there are no cases for the iPod Classic in stock because the manufacturers are not producing them. He then directed me to the Apple website, where I can purchase them.

I asked the logical question. If I can buy the case online, why can't I buy it here at the store.

Not to admit he was wrong, he simply blamed the manufacturers for poor inventory and shipping procedures.

:confused:

Is there a place on apple.com to pass along some feedback on this experience? I couldn't find it.

7. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

So do you work for this place or what? You have two posts and both are plugging covercase. Hmmm.

8. ParadigmABQ macrumors newbie

I actually had an old leather fold over case for a 5g 30gb iPod that fit pretty much like a charm. Does anyone else have any experience in using 30gb cases for the new 80gb classic?

9. blackosprey macrumors newbie

10. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Anyone not a newbie ordered from CoverCase before?

Strange that both posts talking about how great CoverCase is are newbies who only post about CoverCase. :rolleyes:

I'm suspicious of this company, anyone have good experiences?

11. DarthBowie macrumors member

No case(s) is better than these:

http://goincase.com/

:):cool::eek:

12. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

CoverCase is terrible

Thought I'd give CoverCase a try. Received my new iPod Classic case today and it is defective. Shoddy workmanship, plastic screen protector not attached properly to case.

Have emailed customer support for replacement.

Beware of positive reviews from newbies ...

13. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Well, this is a joke, opened the second case and they sent me something significantly different from what was described on their website, bait and switch.

Returning both cases. This company is a joke.

14. JesLam07 macrumors regular

JesLam07

I use Griffin reflect so my screen doesn't get scratched. My iPod is an 80gb iPod Classic. The Griffin reflect for classic comes with the 80gb and 180gb back cover adjustments. I think they're even coming in different tints now. They have them at Circuit City, Walmart, or anywhere else like that.

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I bought a case a few months back from iFrogz. I got one of the ones that looks like the tire tread. It's really soft rubber, slightly thick and seriously protects the iPod. Mine had just one or two small scratches on the back when I put it in the case a few months ago. Last night I took it out of the case and it was still the same as when I put it in, very nice and shiney! I've been thinking of dumping the case though and using it without a case, the Classic just looks so nice without a case.

16. nanbillx macrumors newbie

I'm a Newbie and have no ax to grind about any case but the two I bought for our two Classics. If you are not worried about your Classic being sleek & sweet, the leather case from "INCASE" with a belt clip is an excellant choice. All functions are useable. Ever see the amount of lint that accumulates in your pockets?:eek:

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

This post must win for rudest post ever.:rolleyes:

18. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

:eek: Well I did have a reason.

19. comptr macrumors 65816

same here I have to agree :cool::):D