Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

X-Morgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Does anyone have the same problem as me?

I'm on my 2nd iPod classic now and I still get this problem; the clickwheel does not work when switch off hold, I need to press a button or wait for the backlight to go off before I can use it again.

Does anyone mind trying to recreate my problem?

This is what you need to do:

1. On the main menu put the iPod to sleep with the 'Play/Pause' button
  2. Active the 'Hold' button
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. After 30 seconds switch off 'Hold'
  5. As soon as you see the main menu appear, try and use the clickwheel to go up and down without pressing any other button

This is frustrating to me 'cos if I'm listening to music, I need to press a button just to change the volume.

Much appreciated if anyone tries this.

Chris

logicalnoise

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
nope did it twice and I had full control immediatly. I don't even have the new 1.01 firmware yet. 80 gig BTW.

X-Morgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Very odd, I've got the 80GB one too.

What was more wired that I took my iPod only into the Apple Store to be looked at and he took it off me, attached a sticker on it and gave me a brand new in box replacement! I didn't even need a receipt or card or anything. So now I have 2 iPod classic boxes! Haha, anyone want one?

Chris

X-Morgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Well after mucking about with it, my new iPod seems to be fine, I might of just been applying less pressure than I thought I did. But the 1st one I had definitely had this issue. Thanks for testing it all out!

Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.