Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stueything

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Hey I am new around here but I am looking to buy an Ipod Classic. The reason I want that over the other ipods is that I need the space. I have 37 gb of music and it is constantly growing, and I can't afford a 64 GB Ipod Touch. Is there any talk of a newer classic coming out in the near future? Or an ipod that is equivalent to it in space and pricing? Or do you think I should go ahead and pull the trigger and get the classic.
Thanks

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Classic has been the same for years so I'd just buy one now, there won't be "new" one until September

Problem with Classic is that it uses hard drive which is very abnormal and its manufacturing has been on and off and development stopped ages ago. The future is flash memory but 250GB of flash is way too expensive at the moment

stueything

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Thanks a lot. Yeah I didnt think that there would be anything actually new coming out anytime soon so I was planning on getting it but just wanted to double check.
Thanks again

jpyc7

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The black 120 Gb iPod is in the refurb store (in the USA), but I almost never see the largest size (160 Gb) in the refurb store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.