Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
I bought a used Civic a couple of years and have been battling with the iPod usage since then.

Basically it won’t play certain songs. I like to shuffle all of my songs, about 5500 or so. There’s a mix of ripped in CDs, iTunes purchased, google play purchased, amazon purchased, stuff I ripped from cassette to digital format. There’s no real consistency to what it will and won’t play save for the fact it’s always the same stuff. In other words, I can tell by what artist or album it is and just skip it before it just stops playback.

To be more specific, in any playback mode the iMid will reload the album art on the display for each song, whether I am listening to a single album or shuffled. I can tell because it takes about 5 or so seconds for it to switch from default icon to the album art each time.

So as a new track starts if I know there is album art associated with it and it doesn’t load it, it will stop playback. I can hit back and it will play the song all the way through. The only difference is it won’t display the album art at all, even though I know it has it.

I started to write down the tracks the wouldn’t play until I realized it seems to be whole albums. It will play certain albums from artists, but not others. Again this is any playback mode. At first it seemed to be concentrated to the S or T areas of the library. I noticed it started to affect more and more stuff I used to be able to listen to.

It’s a 120G classic Im using. I thought the hard drive was going south so I put a quad flash adapter in it instead. The issue persisted. I tried syncing the Library again. Nope. Still does it. I wiped the iPod and reinstalled everything fresh. It’s really annoying since I can’t listen to some of my favorites at all. I tried resetting play count to no avail.

I’m starting to think it may have something to do with the file structure but I know nothing about that so I’m not sure if I’m way off.

I don’t know if there is any way to fix it or not but I thought I would try here. I found in my research a couple of similar cases. Those seemed to be more consistent like a certain number of tracks or so and it would happen.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.