iPOD Classic LCD Screen smashed :-(

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tianuk3, May 17, 2008.

1. tianuk3 macrumors member

Hey guys!

Had a party last night, and someone decided it would be really cool to smash th e screen of my brand new ipod classic 80gb, the sound still works, but obviously the screen is completely smashed :-( ...im in the uk, does anyone know how i can fix it (preferably myself) as I havent got much money.. i assume i have to buy a replacement lcd screen.etc

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Try here, here or here.

If these can't help, there's a lot more companies showing if you search on Google.

3. tianuk3 thread starter macrumors member

cheers...but does anyone know how I can replace the lcd screen on the ipod classic? any guides or anything? I've seen a bit about other gen ipods...but dont want to mess up the classic thinking its the same technique

4. iphone.luke macrumors member

This screen has a good price http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-ipod-classic-screen-p-2175.html

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The technique is bit different though the idea is the same; they new ones have hooks on the sides so it's a lot hard to open; you risk the whole thing getting bent out of shape; as with the procedure, just use the plastic cellphone openers; do it slowly and carefully. Don't try to lever the whole thing apart; it's not that easy anymore.