iPod Classic Major Problem

Discussion in 'iPod' started by vexinho, Sep 5, 2010.

1. vexinho macrumors newbie

Hello this is my first time posting! Yay!

Long time reader first time poster. So heres my problem:

I've had my iPod Classic 80GB for 2 years + and it's been fine. Until recently, I had about 2700 songs on it untill a few weeks ago when I started downloading music. So now I have about 4000 songs ready to go but when I sync my iPod to update these songs it syncs for a little bit and my iPod says Syncing, but then it stops and freezes on a certain number and my iPod says Connected. So I got confused and then I formatted and restored my iPod, and tried again this time it would go to about 2800/4000 songs and froze again. Now the number isnt exactly 2800 everytime but it varies something like 2859, 2854 or somthing like that... Now, I tried restoring again, and this time syncing only a few songs at a time, now I get to about 2800 songs FINE so I can listen to this perfect but when I try the next few songs, BOOM same thing freezes even if i only add 2 songs. I've called apple and gotten squat from them. I'm guessing this is a harddrive error? Since it can only store 2800 songs im guessing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks alot in advance!

2. Kristenn macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm thinking bad sectors in that area. But I could be wrong, never was smart about hard drive tech stuff.

3. pkorisa macrumors newbie

4. vexinho thread starter macrumors newbie

nothing yet :(

Hey guys thanks for the responses, but i've tried all those things and it still doesnt work :(

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

A friend had this issue with her classic. I gave her my old iPhone and old iPod 5G while it wasn't working. I would try to load songs, it would freeze up and have to be restored.

iTunes 9 came out about a year ago. I figured, "What the hell, let's see what happens. Maybe it wasn't restoring properly." Well, damnit, I restored and it took all of my music. Still working to this day.

I'm hoping you have iTunes 10 because sometimes iTunes can be the issue. Otherwise it's hardware related.