Ipod Classic Rebooting!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by chocolate632, Jan 23, 2008.

1. chocolate632 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, i just got my iPod Classic for christmas and lately i noticed that sometimes when you go to a movie, it reboots itself for no reason. Is it a faulty iPod? I bought it from future-shop and its past 30 days, can i still take it back?

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Have you updated your firmware yet? That might fix whatever is wrong, seems like a software issue so that should fix it. If not, then you can still take it to Apple because they service it for up to a year (right?). They should either fix it or throw you a new one. Bring all the boxes and stuff too that it came in to avoid a charge.

3. chocolate632 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I'd say it's likely a hardware issue given the circumstances. You should try returning it to the store you bought it from, but if they give you a hard time you can try bringing it to an Apple store's bar and see what they say. It's so new that they may replace it for free. I'd try to return it first.

5. chocolate632 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah the new firmware will probably fix any problems you're having...good luck :)

7. chocolate632 thread starter macrumors 6502

The thing is, it only happened to me like 5 times since I got it and 3/5 times is when someone else was using it. So if I bring it back to the apple store, they more look at it and see nothing wrong, because it only happens sometimes.

8. chocolate632 thread starter macrumors 6502

By the way, what is the newest firmware? Mines says 1.1 and there are no updates.