iPod classic screen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by doomwrap, Nov 16, 2007.

1. doomwrap macrumors newbie

I just got a brand new iPod classic and I love it! However there is a slight problem.... I like to keep it docked all the time but the screen is very bright and only shows a "connected" screen while it is docked. Is there anyway to turn it off while docked? The bright light forces me to un-dock it at night!!

Thanks =)

2. doomwrap thread starter macrumors newbie

65 views and no replies =(... anyone out there with an iPod classic that can share his or her views on this?

3. TimJim macrumors 6502a

I know you can turn down the brightness in Settings, but im not sure if you can turn it off completly or not...

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I'm not sure why yours is "very bright" because usually iPods have a very dim backlight when plugged into the computer. People have asked this is the past about even the dim and there is no solution other than ejecting the iPod. If this is regarding charging the iPod itself, the iPod still charges from the USB cable even if it is ejecting as a drive from the computer.

Hope that helps.

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The screen should not be on unless it is mounted on the compuer - turn off "Enable Disk Use", or eject the iPod from iTunes (next to the ipod name on the left) and the screen should turn off. Also make sure that backlight is not set to "always on" in your ipod settings.