Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

classicipod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
I just bought an ipod classic today, super excited yea yea....that is until i put some songs on the device and notice this hideous split screen lay out.
I cant seem to find any settings that will allow me to have full screen :confused:
I tried to find a solution online but they all date back to 2007-2009 mentioning to mod the ipod. WAY too much work. Im hoping... REALLY hoping apple has done something about this. If not, do they except returns on opened items? lol

am i crazy for wanting the full screen? now it just feels like a dam bulky nano. really pointless. its a like a made in china knock off design.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Are you talking about this?
0OVWJXrl.jpg

If so, I don't know of any way to change that. I got the Classic a few weeks ago, and while I like it. I just got this 5.5 gen in today from Gamestop. I prefer the clickwheel and interface of the older ones so much more. Probably because I came from a 2G nano originally. Then I've had a touch for the last 5 years, but came screaming back to the classics.

Once you go to something like the artists tab, it's the same:
i0aQrzyl.jpg

But, you do loose some space with the extra iconography, it also adds some delay in loading.

TvTcU7xl.jpg

classicipod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
Yea, that's what i'm talking about. The added features like u mentioned just slow down the ipod overall. It just feels a bit choppy while browsing.... for shame lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.