iPod Classic VS iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by j4jealousy, Nov 17, 2007.

1. j4jealousy macrumors member

This one's a hard decision for me! After my 5g iPod gave up on me :((it lived a good life), i've been contemplating on which iPod i should get. I have a few questions i'd like to ask those who own any of these iPods.

How reliable is Safari on the Touch? I heard somewhere that it was prone to crashing.

And how much better does iPod Classic perform with the latest firmware? I heard navigation used to be pretty slow.

I'd really appreciate some feedback! :)

2. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

Safari is now very reliable with Firmware version 1.1.2. It very rarely crashes even when listening to music whilst browsing. The original 1.1 release was very unstable, it was all but impossible to use Safari and listen to music at the same time, thats all behind us now.

IMO the iPT is better than the Classic in all respects apart from lack of storage space and an inability to be able to control the iPod when its in your pocket (the most annoying thing by far for me).

3. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

the ipod classic is basically an "update" of the 5G. so buy this one if you're used to the space.

otherwise i've been to an apple store today and checked out the touch... basically it's thinner than an iphone and it's slightly thicker than a nano. if web browsing is what you're after, get this one.

and if your old ipod still functions as a storage space and you havent got that much music to carry with you, i think just get the ipod touch.

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The choice is easy I would have thought:

If you have a decent sized library and music listening is your key purpose for an MP3 player, get the Classic.

If you want an 'ain't it cool' trinket which does more, get a Touch.

5. David G. macrumors 6502a

I had an iPod Classic and now I have the iPod touch and I now prefer the touch. Words cannot decribed how much cooler it is.:):D