iPod classic with old UI?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by doyleman77, Mar 29, 2011.

1. doyleman77 macrumors newbie

I've owned a few iPod's through the course of years, and have to say I loved the 5th gen iPod most, but gave it to my brother for a gift. I'd like to get a new classic, but bleh. The UI isn't my favorite, is there a way to get the old UI where it covered the whole screen instead of having split screen? thanks.

2. herruberraschen macrumors newbie

herruberraschen

I would just get another 5.5G The only thing it cant do is rent movies. Definitely my favorite iPod.

3. tmagman macrumors 6502

i would love this as well... especially if it could also work with the old camera connector kit like my 80GB video did... such a great feature for photography on the go.

4. doyleman77 thread starter macrumors newbie

@herruberraschen - are there any online at a reasonably affordable price? most iPod classic's earlier than the 7th gen are more expensive (at a new price) than the current gen. :-/

If not I may break down and pay the extra amount for the older 5/5.5 model.

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Overstock.com has some cheap ones occasionally

6. doyleman77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Upon reading various google searches, it appears some users hack in firmware into their ipods, couldn't one simply take the older firmware of the 5/5.5g video and place it into the 6g classic?

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No, the 6G has an encrypted firmware and has a very different internal setup the the 5/.5G iPod.

8. doyleman77 thread starter macrumors newbie