Ipod Classics, a few questions.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Manic Juande, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Manic Juande macrumors newbie

I'm on the verge of getting a silver 80gb classic to replace my black 5.5 30gb video.

What i was wondering was, does the classic come with the little protective faux suede pouch that you get with the 30gb video?

Prior to owning the 30gb i had a silver 6gb nano, with this over time i noticed the click wheel discolored and became a rather dirty looking off white, are any of you with silver classics noticing a similar thing happening to yours?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

:apple:

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

The Classics do not come with that same slip case the 5th gen models did, or any protective case for that matter.

In regard to the discoloration, I have a Silver Classic and haven't had any discoloration. I've owned it since they were released in September and kept it in an iPod sock when not using the click wheel. I'm not sure if the time i've used it is long enough to create the discoloration you mention or if the iPods are even prone to the staining. All I can say is that mine hasn't given me any indication though.

Hope that helps.

3. Manic Juande thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Ive had my silver classic since the day after they were announced(first day available). I do not keep it in a case. It gets thrown around in my bag, in my car etc and I don't take care of it at all. So far I have no discoloration of the scroll wheel on mine.