iPod iPod college deal new iPods Sept. 5th

mongoose8p

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Chicago
hey guys i was planning on purchasing a macbook with the college deal this weak however with the recent news that their may b new ipods next wed. i was wondering if i should wait and get one of the updated ipods with the college deal. would they allow this or still make me get an older version>?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Any new iPods will almost certainly not be eligible for the rebate program. This was the case last year, and it will likely operate in exactly the same manner. The rebate form includes model numbers for eligible products, and any new iPods will of course come with new model numbers.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
If new iPods are announced, they will be excluded.

A Search of the forums would have provided you with the answer to your question.

Hey guys I was planning on purchasing a Macbook this week but with the recent news that there may b new ipods next wednesday I was wondering If i should wait till then to get the updated ipods with the discount. Do you think they would allow this or still make me get the older models. Any insight would be great. Thanks!

raptor96

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
RI
If new iPods are announced, they will be excluded.

A Search of the forums would have provided you with the answer to your question.
A little harsh but true.

There is no way that you would be able to get a new iPod with this promo - It would be absolutely dumb of Apple to include them in the discount, they haven't in any past promo, and the whole reason they do this promo is so that they can clear out a lot of the old stock in prep for new product.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
beaten to it! the buy a mac get an ipod promo clearly states which ipod models are eligible. it's doubtful they'll add a new ipod line also eligible for the rebate. i could be wrong, and i guess it really wouldn't hurt a week to find out, right? :)

EDIT: btw, you only needed to start one thread on this matter. ;)

Attachments

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Buy now, and if you want to buy an iPod, then get the Nano free, resell it and try to make as much as you can for it. The longer you wait, the less you'll get for it when more people find out that new iPods were released.