iPod college deal new iPods Sept. 5th

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mongoose8p, Aug 30, 2007.

1. mongoose8p macrumors regular

hey guys i was planning on purchasing a macbook with the college deal this weak however with the recent news that their may b new ipods next wed. i was wondering if i should wait and get one of the updated ipods with the college deal. would they allow this or still make me get an older version>?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

The deal states what Model you''re allowed to get...they are the current models

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Any new iPods will almost certainly not be eligible for the rebate program. This was the case last year, and it will likely operate in exactly the same manner. The rebate form includes model numbers for eligible products, and any new iPods will of course come with new model numbers.

4. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

If new iPods are announced, they will be excluded.

A Search of the forums would have provided you with the answer to your question.

5. raptor96 macrumors regular

A little harsh but true.

There is no way that you would be able to get a new iPod with this promo - It would be absolutely dumb of Apple to include them in the discount, they haven't in any past promo, and the whole reason they do this promo is so that they can clear out a lot of the old stock in prep for new product.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

beaten to it! the buy a mac get an ipod promo clearly states which ipod models are eligible. it's doubtful they'll add a new ipod line also eligible for the rebate. i could be wrong, and i guess it really wouldn't hurt a week to find out, right? :)

EDIT: btw, you only needed to start one thread on this matter. ;)

Attached Files:

7. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Buy now, and if you want to buy an iPod, then get the Nano free, resell it and try to make as much as you can for it. The longer you wait, the less you'll get for it when more people find out that new iPods were released.