Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom Saunders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
NSW, Australia
I am going to buy a new iPod Touch 5th gen soon and am stuck on choosing between a yellowish green one with a white front or a black one. The yellowish green is fun, unique and different, but what if I don't like the colour after 6 months? This gave me the solution of the black iPod, which is however, boring, and the same as any other iPod or phone I have ever owned. The black also looks slimmer, glossier and sexier too though, so yeah I'm a bit stuck.

Last edited:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Flip a coin?

If it helps you any, of the current colors, if I wasn't going to choose the black one, I'd probably be looking at the blue one.

ImpKali

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2013
The yellow one has a white front, and I've found with my devices that though white is immaculately gorgeous, it tends to draw my eyes away from the actual display. The black blends with the display and meshes well in any environment, helping your eyes stay focused on the actual content."

It depends; do you plan on putting a case on it? If you are, you'll forget your iPod's even yellow and then the black will probably turn out better.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Used to own Ipod touch 4 both black and white.

I feel that you should have devices like ipod touch and Ipad in white and your iphone is black. I dont see any different in my reaction to either black or white front but for touch 5, color might come off the black more easy... says 6 month. Get a white/silver one, so u can pretty much put any color cases on and when u get bored. Change to diff color.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I've got a blue one. I wanted a pink one but they didn't have it in stock. I suppose I'd get black as I'm not fond of yellow. However I keep mine in a pink case so all you can see is the white face anyway. All my devices are white, iPad, galaxy tab, galaxy note.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
Sorry, but that pi$$ green colour is the worst possible colour going.

Anything else...I have the white and silver.

Ray Brady

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
I've got the yellow, and I love it. I absolutely cannot see it ever being a color I would grow tired of. Black bores me out of the gate.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
I am a professional psychic and reading between your words it is obvious that any purchase other than silver/white would be an error that you will not only bitterly regret but also have devastating consequenes for Apple and indeed the long term survival of the human race.

$0.02

grace4star

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2013
Depends. You should have a case on it - like so it doesn't really matter if you are having a case. You won't be able to see the back.
But I am gonna tell you the pros and cons of yellow and black. First, yellow

Pros:
Wont get as dirty
New color, most people won't have it.
Cons:
You might put a case on it
I think it costs more money

Now for black

Pros:
You may get bored of the yellow.
Cons:
Finger marks on the back will be more visible.

Good luck iPod lover!

Source: own a ipod.

ikev85

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2012
I've never liked the white face, so I bought the black one because of that.

However if Apple offered each of the colours w/ a black front option I would have gotten a blue one with a black front.

I know they don't want 1000 SKU's of iPods though so I understand why they don't offer it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.