Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrewskie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Hey guys and gal's,
I was updating my ipod with my latest music and then it mysteriously stops so I force quit itunes and pull the plug on the ipod. No big deal I thought so, I restart the computer (macbook pro) and i plug in the ipod again. This time the message comes up that the ipod is corrupted. This time I click restore but then an error pops up saying that the ipod can't be restored. this is where I start to get a little concerned. I unplug it again and the ipod resets itself. I go into the ipod and nothing is there but when I look to see if there is anything on the ipod, its full of the orange which is "other." Now every time I connect it to the computer the error pops up saying "disk not readable by computer" and when i eject the ipod it resets itself every time.
does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks,
Andrew

Riverbird

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
I do not own an iPod Classic yet. But can anyone else back me up on the idea of erasing the iPod with disk utility and then using iTunes to reinstall the software? I don't know, I am thinking computers when I think that. Is it safe? If anyone else knows, you might try that! But err.. don't try it until someone else here says its OK. I don't want to feel bad for crashing your iPod. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.