iPod touch iPod connecting to my TV?

mohammadkm95

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
Hey everyone,

I have a iPod Touch 4G 32GB and is Jailbroken. I see on youtube people can see their screen on TV using the Apple AV cable. But I have a DVD player with a built-in iPod dock and the DVD is connected to my TV. I can listen to music and all that with my DVD iPod dock but can't watch videos or see my screen. I do have normal composite and component cables that I can connect from the TV to the DVD.

I do have resupported4(cracked) and Displayout from cydia.

But how am I supposed to connect these correctly?

My TV shows these inputs:
TV
Component
HDMI 1
HDMI 2
HDMI 3
Video 1
Video 2
which cable should I use and which input and my DVD have a iPod selection, DVD/CD selection, D-IN, and AM/FM radio.

I also read online that you might have to put like the red RCA in yellow jack-yellow in white-and red in white jack....is that right?

Hopefully this is enough detail to help!

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
maybe the DVD player can only play audio when it's docked and doesn't support videos. Check the specs.
This.

Have you actually got video to output using the Video or YouTube apps?

You might want to make that fact that you're using pirated apps a little less obvious btw.

mohammadkm95

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
maybe the DVD player can only play audio when it's docked and doesn't support videos. Check the specs.
When I select to view photos/videos it says "please switch tv to "video"(composite) to view photos or videos. and when I did nothing showed up. I tryed my saved pics/vids, youtube,videos on websites using safari and nothing showing up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.