ipod connects to itunes but doesnt charge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Grimcredible, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Grimcredible macrumors newbie

ok.. ive been havin this problem for over a month and I've dealt with it.. but its kinda getting fustrating now so.. i need help. lol.

Ipod touch 1st generation~

Anyway.. Basically, when i connect my ipod to the usb cable it changes and says its chargin.. but in the middle of the charging.. the ipod turns off and doesnt charge. It connects to itunes and my files come up on itunes and all. But when i want to charge it.. it doesnt charge. Ive charged it a couple times by just leaving it there for a week straight and it decided to charge one day, so i know the battery works. The cable works aswell. and since it connects to itunes.. im sure my ipod port works too...

Sometimes my ipod would be completly dead.. then in a couple minutes the screen would turn on and it would be at 10%.. then in another few minutes.. it would die again.. then repeat it.. until it charges..

Any suggestions?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Is your USB port the main/motherboard port (back of PC)? Assuming Windows, all USB ports are not created equal; not all supply enough juice. Some USB ports on front of PC aren't powered enough. It's something that's easy to check.

Sometimes the same is true of some USB hubs (older or non-powered ones.)

3. Grimcredible thread starter macrumors newbie