Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbirdrunner89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
I have an iPod Classic 80GB. It is one of the newest ones. The battery if fully charged, just to let you know. I have the newest version of iTunes. The ipod continues to reset its self with apple screen. i have reset it my self by holding the center button and the MENU button. It then continues to reset its self. i know that it is reseting its self because I can hear the inner working cycling. I can activate Dick Mode. After I manually reset it I then press and hold the center button and the play button. I have restored it on iTunes, and uploaded music but then it continues to reset its self automatically.:apple:

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

Dick mode, eh?

Anyway, my 5th gen 30GB classic did the same thing, I had to send it to Apple to get replaced as it was a hardware problem.

Contact Apple ASAP.

tbirdrunner89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks you very much for your reply, my friend is going to be pissed. Will a one year warranty still cover it? Should I call them or should I go to apple.com?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.