iPod crashing like waves

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by OrangeCuse44, May 14, 2008.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

So, my jailbroken iPod touch crashes frequently while playing music. I wouldn't mind so much but I lose play counts when it does. I have the most recent firmware, jailbroke with ziphone, and have some apps installed. My question is, are any of the apps I have more prone to causing problems with the touch? If more info is needed about my iPod situation, just ask. Here is what I have installed...

Mail, TuneWiki, Stocks, Maps, Weather, Notes, NES (no roms), Caissa, genesis4iphone (no roms), iSolitaire, Summerboard, weDict, iPhysics, Capture, Tris, iPowerHour, Time Capsule, SendSong, Finder, MobileScrobbler, Garf, SuperPong, BossTool, iCopter, Poof, MxTube, HidePod, Sketches, iMapIdle (not set up).

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

If its been crashing since Jailbreak Day 1, then restore and try again... Sometimes, things go wrong, and it does stuff like that. If it started crashing after a certain app, simply uninstall that app.

3. trevorriseling macrumors newbie

k was you ipod haveing troubles befor you upgraded it if you did???

you mite have to restore it and re-jailbreak it

but ive had no probles with any of thoes apps

4. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I jailbroke it a couple of months ago and things were fine until a couple of weeks ago. I installed all apps in the beginning.

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Huh... Thats a conundrum.

If your not worried about losing your apps, and then re-installing them, i'd do a restore... always does the trick.

6. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I keep all my apps on the main partition because symlinking them seems to screw that up. I dont know if the new jailbreaking software(s) out there are symlinking automatically or not.

Nonetheless, I manually jailbroke my ipod on day 1 and am still running 1.1.1 with zero crashes in the last 4 months.

btw, your Thread topic is the most witty I've seen in a while. It's a welcome relief to the usual "OMGZ! I BRICKED MY IPOD! HELP PLZ!!!"

2 points awarded for lack of annoyance!

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

No kidding. I've been thinking that before I see someone post the third "help!" thread of each and every day. Does it kill someone to actually look at the threads before they post?

8. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

yes. People die from that crap.