Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
I have a 5G 30GB iPod that has been great up until a few minutes ago. I plugged it in to my macbook to update it, but for some reason it didn't show up in iTunes and was frozen at the "Do Not Disconnect" screen. So I held down the Menu and Select buttons to reset it but for some reason it just shows the apple logo for about 10 seconds and then turns itself off and try's to do it again, only to turn off once more. So basically now all it's doing is booting up with the apple logo, turning off, then doing it all over again. I can't turn it off or do anything. I'm probably gonna take it to the genius bar (and that will have to wait until saturday), but I was just wondering if there was any way I could fix this myself?

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
ok literally like 5 seconds after starting this thread the darn thing started working again...I'm restoring it as I type this, but should I still take it in to the store?

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
ok literally like 5 seconds after starting this thread the darn thing started working again...I'm restoring it as I type this, but should I still take it in to the store?

no need to take it in if it's working fine. sounds like you're doing good by restoring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.