iPod doesnt fully restore after 1.1.3 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Clinton9031, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Clinton9031 macrumors member

i restored my ipod from a jailbroken 1.1.3 state to a fresh 1.1.3 firmware version and there seems to be at least 70 mb of unusual files...i have two freshly jailbroken ipod touch 16gb's in front of me...mine has 113 mb allocated to "other", and the other ipod has like 17 mb...My problem is i have to send my ipod back to apple for repair due to screen issues...and im thinking that having those left over files theyll know my ipod has been hacked.

Also the icons on my home screen are all out of order

after restoring i chose to set my ipod up as a new ipod and not restore the backup

2. illweather macrumors regular

There was somebody up here that posted this method before, so it's not mine, I take no credit:

Plug your Pod into your Computer and open iTunes. iPod will show up on the left side as a connected device.

Next, hold down the home and sleep/power buttons until the iPod disappears from the left side, but once it disappears, keep holding the home button.

After a little bit the iPod will once again show up on the left as a connected device and you will get some message about having an iPod in recovery mode.

Now just option (Mac) or shift (PC) click on restore, and select the firmware you wish to use (I would assume in your case this would be 1.1.3).

This is also a trick for downgrading to 1.1.1, and a much better one than going back to iTunes 7.5.

It's easy, it works every time.

Good luck