iPod ecosystem locks people into iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drjsway, Jun 10, 2010.

1. drjsway macrumors 6502a

Yesterday, I was at Best Buy looking at the Sprint Evo and debating its strengths compared to iPhone 4 when I realized that I couldn't switch to Android even if I wanted to because of the iPod ecosystem.

My two cars both came with iPod connectors and the radios both have iPod control systems. A lot of hotels now have iPod docks in their stereo systems. More and more products are incorporating the iPod into their designs that it would be a big inconvenience to use anything else.

Sure, I could carry around a separate iPod but then I would have two devices in my pocket everywhere I went. Every time I got in my car, I would need to plug in my iPod, buy a separate car charger for my phone, then plug it into the cigarette lighting socket.

Even if Android released the most amazing phone ever for $49, I would still get an iPhone because the iPod is so integrated into our lives. I suspect many people feel the same way and is a big reason the iPhone is so huge and it's users are so loyal.

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Well TBH, it's not that a bad place to get locked into. It's one of the best supposed media players out there.