iPod fashion choices, anyone?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by OldLadywithiPod, Sep 22, 2008.

1. OldLadywithiPod macrumors member

OldLadywithiPod

No, I'm not talking about the latest colors for the nano and the shuffle.

Do you ever choose to wear certain clothes depending on your iPod use for the day?

Example: I work in a fairly casual office, and on the days when I know I'll be spending most of my time away from my desk, I wear a blouse where I can easily attach the clip of my shuffle. When I think I'll be chained to my desk and can listen to my nano, I put on a t-shirt or other apparel that's not "shuffle-friendly."

Seems to me that we should be seeing iPod -designed clothes. We could even make it a play-on-words with the "IZOD" shirts - "IPOD shirts". Instead of an alligator, there could be a little Apple logo applique. Different shirts could have different iPod-friendly features. You know, a pocket that's sized for the nano, a secure shuffle clip spot, headphone jack, etc. Lands' End and LLBean have winter jackets with a few of these ideas sewn-in, so why not regular clothing?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Your post reminded me of the iShirt for the pre-clippy shuffle.

I only have one iPod (an iPhone) and it has no influence on what I wear since I always have pockets. I would not be an ideal consumer for iPod-friendly "regular" clothes.

Seasonal / activity based clothing such as winter coats with integrated iPod controls work well since it addresses a common issue of accessing iPods while bundled up for snowboarding, etc. Also, a winter coat can be used everyday (during the winter season) so it's an expensive single purchase that can be justified.

For regular clothes, there may not be as many consumers since you can't wear the same iPod-friendly shirt all the time, so you would either have few iPod-friendly clothing or have to spend a lot of money to have the iPod-friendly features everyday.