Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbinparis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Recently, when using the iPod feature on my iPhone, after about 15 minutes the songs are constantly interrupted by the voice control feature. I do nothing to initiate this, always press cancel, it goes away for 60-90 seconds, and then comes up again. Along with this, I start having trouble with the iPod- the songs speed up so that it sounds like I'm fast forwarding them, they'll turn off and turn back on, I'll press pause but it won't pause, etc. Has anyone else had this problem? I've had my phone about 5 months and it's only recently started doing it, and only after I've been listening to music for about 10-15 minutes.

Thanks!

nobra81

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
voice control

My iphone is doing the same thing. Did you find how to fix it

thanks
steve

danimal123

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
voice command interrupts music

I have the same problem....had the iTouch less than 5 months. VC interrupts while I am on the treadmill, then music starts playing in fast forward, I have to stop everything and then can't play music rest of the workout. Huge pain!

How is this corrected?

rkp10001

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2010
issue of voice control

my ipod touch is not even one and a half months old and the voice control screen has stareted apprearing tho i have done no chnage in the setting of the ipod. when the blue background voice control screen is there - there is nothing i can do except for pressing only one button which is cancel (there are no other option possible at that blue voice control screen). ipod at times fastforwarding tracks and moves on to the next track. i have also tried to do r&d by going to settings of the ipod and deactivate this voice control - cdnt do that.

does someone knows how to sort this out? is my ipod faulty? should i go to apple service center?

pls advise!

Orjay

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2010
We need a fix!!! Terrible bug in IPhone...

This problem of voice dial taking over control of the IPod function seems to crop up when I am using the treadmill or other machines in the gym, or when I am using my Polar heart monitor. A reboot sometimes helps, but not always. Apple needs to figure this out and fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.