Ipod for $140?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xoggyux, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

No.
    If you look closely, the site itself doesn't seem reliable with no links to FAQ's and Privacy Policy (unless I missied it). Another thing to pay attention to is that it states the battery life at 22 hrs where it should be 36 for the music and 6 for the video... the data is false. At the same time, it says "IEEE 802.11 B/g." IEEE has nothing to do with wifi. Rather, IEEE 1394 is a port, a piece of hardware. It does say yahoo commerce but I doubt that the site and product is legitimate.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

There is a company address and privacy policy, but no telephone number. The price is simply too good to be true, so obviously a scam. Site says they've been around since 2007, but I doubt it. Anything that sounds too good to be true probably is not true.

4. xoggyux thread starter macrumors 6502

OK OK, i get it, fake, wont buy off it.
    One other question though?
    Where can I find a cheap ipod (I bought recently one from bestbuy because I had a lot of Best buy giftcards ~$150) however my brother liked it a lot and I am thinking in buying one from him, it does not matter if it is refurbished (though i dont want it used since it is touch it will probably look awful) to factory conditions and 8gb version, I need one really cheap.
    Any suggestions?

5. syclick macrumors regular

802.11b/g are IEEE wi-fi standards.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

store.apple.com
    Look for refurb

7. xoggyux thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that the cheapest they can be found? for $20 I rather buy new from apple itself :D.
    Any other suggestion?

8. klayman676 macrumors newbie

klayman676

it looks like first gen, if thats what ur looking for. :cool: