Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys i own a 10GB iPod..its almost 1 year old..... about a month ago my ipod started to freeze....the buttons just stoped working. I noticed this when i was on the beach listing to music...i think it might be overheating or something... Sometimes i turn it on and it works fine but after a while the buttons freeze... when i move the hold switch on and off a few time repeatedly it starts working agian...the ipod isnt in a bad state just a few scratches on the screen nothing big enough to justify internal damage(i think).
I think the problem might be due to the fact that it over heats or that the harddrive is full(less then 700mb left).....
Any advice? Anyon Experience this problem before?

Btw the ipod is formated for windows

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Patmian212 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys i own a 10GB iPod..its almost 1 year old..... about a month ago my ipod started to freeze....the buttons just stoped working. I noticed this when i was on the beach listing to music...i think it might be overheating or something... Sometimes i turn it on and it works fine but after a while the buttons freeze... when i move the hold switch on and off a few time repeatedly it starts working agian...the ipod isnt in a bad state just a few scratches on the screen nothing big enough to justify internal damage(i think).
I think the problem might be due to the fact that it over heats or that the harddrive is full(less then 700mb left).....
Any advice? Anyon Experience this problem before?

Btw the ipod is formated for windows

When if freezes, reboot it by holding down the play and menu buttons for a few seconds till it turns off, then another button to turn it back on.

Heat is also a problem, read the manual, it states the iPod operates at a certain temperature the best, and it really does mean its meant to operate at those temps. When I was at PSU, during winter, my iPod would freeze because it was too cold out. I would try to put your iPod in the shade and not in the sun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.