Ipod frozen during jailbreak & Power button broken

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by demick, Mar 5, 2009.

1. demick macrumors newbie

ok im stuck in a big situation here
    i was begining to jailbreak one of my friends itouch
    until my laptop died on me and it froze the itouch

i know how to restore it by holding the power button and home button at the same time
    ....but my power button is broken , ao i cant do the restore

now the itouch goes on when i plug it in but only shows the apple and sumtimes changes to show that its charging

is there any other way to restart it
    or if i send it in to apple just to fix the button, would they notice i was trying to jailbreak it?
    it also shows the apple logo with the crack in it, which i know was the logo on the iphone
    therefore im not too sure if the itouch had the same logo

2. RCGMac macrumors regular

I know your new on here, but you have to be patient. Don't post two threads of the same subject, especially within 30 minutes of each other.

Hmm, with the power button broken it is going to be more difficult to restore the iPod. If you send it in the Apple you may run the risk of them not fixing it. At one time Apple said jailbreaking would void your warrenty.

3. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Why did you attempt to JB a phone knowing the power button didn't work? If something goes wrong, you cannot DFU restore.

I think you should plug it into a computer, and restore it to a stock firmware, if you're able to. Then send it back to Apple.

4. Robotouch macrumors member

Best Thing to do is to do a full restore and then send it off to apple because you will need the home button, as mentioned above

How can you use your ipod without the home button! Just makes life so much harder!