iPod frozen on Apple logo?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Pain macrumors regular

My iPod Touch is being really weird. I've had to restore it twice now. Everytime, it's the same problem. When I touch an application to load it, it shows the starting screen and then goes back to the home screen. Now, my iPod is stuck on the Apple logo and has been like that for supposedly an hour. Anyone know what to do? I'm really pissed.

2. macdot macrumors 6502

3. .michael macrumors regular

Go to apple, or...

This has helped me many times : To "unbrick" an iPod Touch or iPhone, use the below instructions:

To restore your iPhone or iPod Touch, hold down the Power and Home buttons on the device until the Apple logo appears on the screen (be sure your device is already plugged into your computer, and that iTunes is running!), at which point you can let go of the Power button-- but keep holding the Home button. When you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo appear, you may let go of the Home button, and use iTunes to restore.

Another suggestion is to go to the Apple store and see what they can do. Your in good hands, especially if you apple care or your still under the limited warranty.

4. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

Um, I just said even after a restore, it does that... it could be a firmware issue, no?

Yeah, another thing. My battery just died, and it's on the Apple Logo, again... even though it was connected the whole time.

5. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

Um, I got this on May 4th. Would I still have a limited warranty?