Ipod function on 3gs keeps crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mattydriscoll, Jun 28, 2010.

1. mattydriscoll macrumors newbie

I downloaded the new OS4 this morning and was listening to music fine on my way to work. I bought a song on itunes and now for some reason the ipod function keeps crashing? Apps etc all work fine but when i try to listen to music, nothing happens and it reverts itself back to the front screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Aponce96 macrumors newbie

Same exact problem, just to take a guess I bet it's some sort of bug that is involved once the OS 4 is downloaded. Have been turning on and off but it's not helping.

3. gchhour macrumors member

You could try a hard reset. To do this simply hold the power button on the top right of the phone and the home button simultaneously for a good 4-5 seconds, your iPhone should then flash a little then go to the boot screen. This may take a while so be patient. Good luck. :D

4. Kmabe macrumors newbie

Exact same problem. Have no idea how to fix it.

5. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

This is just one of the failures that iOS4 is on my old 3G. Today, I got in the car and plugged the phone in to listen to some podcasts, and the iPod app crashed 6 times in a row before I gave up and just drove in silence. I detest iOS4 on my 3G.

6. tcdave macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Just started this today. iPod worked fine for me this past week after I had loaded iSO4. What gives? Hey Apple? Help us please!