iPod Gen 2 UK Availability

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scott.Stewart, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Scott.Stewart macrumors newbie

Hey,

I've spent all day looking around my local shopping centre(mall) and none of the stores had and second generation iPod's in. Not even an Apple store had any. They were still selling the first generation.

They said they reckon they won't get any until Christmas.

I was wondering are these things for sale in the UK?

Cheers,
    Scott

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Do you mean the touch? I bought one from apple.com/uk a couple of weeks ago

3. Scott.Stewart thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, sorry, I meant the Touch.

Really. How long does it take to ship as I've read a lot of varying times from a few days to a few weeks.

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

They're practically sold out at any stores I've been to. In the end I bought it from eBay (very reputable seller) for £20 cheaper than retail price. Got it within 24 hours.

5. Scott.Stewart thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm..

Any ideas on the shipping time from Apple/UK or does mileage vary.

I would have thought an iPod would be shipped pretty quickly rather than something like an iMac.

6. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, it shipped same day even though the website said 5-7 days. I got it next day. Apple always ships by UPS so you have online tracking, you can check in the morning to see if they are going to come that day. You will need to be in all day mind, 8-5... Could always use a work address.

7. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

I purchased a 32GB touch from the Bullring Apple store on the 22nd September, looked like they had plenty in stock.

8. Rustman macrumors regular

Rustman

Yeah, I've had a right problem sourcing one of these too. Haven't got an Apple store that near either, so I need to wait along with everyone else.

Currys, Comet, PC World, Carphone Warehouse. None of them have any instock. Even checking stock throughout the country came up blank.

Just as I decided I wanted one too.

9. Scott.Stewart thread starter macrumors newbie

I gave in and ordered a 16GB iPod Touch from Apple UK. Estimated delivery 10-15th October.

10. Chris3125 macrumors member

I'm having the same problem however i'm stuck getting mine from PC World, Currys or Dixons. I took out cover on my 1g iPod and i dropped it, they couldnt source the parts so after about five weeks sent me a voucher to go buy a new one. As the price has dropped it gave me £50 to spend in store on something else after buying the new iPod which i was well chuffed about, thought id get myself a new wireless apple keyboard, however to my demise after trying numerous stores I still cant seem to source one, so im stuck waiting for somewhere to get them in stock :(

tempted to just get a classic for the extra space and have more change to spend on a few other things as i already have a iPhone 3G but worried I may regret it.

11. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Argos have them...
    Amazon have them...
    Apple have them....