ipod gets hot then needs to be restored

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by MFslacker22, Mar 20, 2008.

1. MFslacker22 macrumors newbie

Ive JB'd my pod to 1.1.4 and everything was working fine. If i use it for a long time it gets pretty warm, then freezes and when i reset it, it has the plug into itunes picture. This has happend twice and i had to re-jail break it each time. Is there any way to avoid this?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

first question is which method of jailbreak did you use?

3. MFslacker22 thread starter macrumors newbie

downgrade to 1.1, dl oktoprep, upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak 1.1.2, dl bsd subsystem, and ssd, then jailbreak 1.1.4, not using ziphone

4. dagored macrumors 65816

restore to 1.1.4 then use ziphone - then see if it gets hot

5. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Restore and be careful, because i have seen on engadget.com that some iPod touches have been catching on fire. If you restore back to a non-jailbroken iPod touch and it still gets hot, take it to the apple store, or else you will have a crispy iPod...and if it catches fire and they investigate and see that it was jailbroken then they won;t give you a free replacement...

6. BassistKing1 macrumors member

im sure if it catches fire (IF it even does..) that they will have a hard time telling it was jailbroken, if they can even access it. besides, jailbreak is just software, so ur warrenty should still be fine, and if you've already restored it, then the installer and other stuff will be gone.

7. MFslacker22 thread starter macrumors newbie

it doesnt get that hot, just a little warm, then if i play a game or somthing it will freeze if i press the buttons too fast, then need to be restored.

8. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

mine get warm if i charge it from my macbook but when i charge it from ac its not that warm..are you charging it from computer or ac?

9. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Jailbreaking voids the warranty big time!! You are cracking their software, how does it not void it haha...But you can restore and the jailbreak goes away...

10. MFslacker22 thread starter macrumors newbie

so what your saying is if you guys play a game on your pod for like 30 min it doesnt get a little hot down by the bottom?