ipod hard drive not working?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by twilight213, Apr 23, 2007.

1. twilight213 macrumors newbie

well here is hwo it goes about a month ago my ipod fell and when i turned it on it souned like my hard drive was gonna shoot out my ipod well anyway whenever i try to turn it on this stupid sad ipod face pops up and then turns back off it sounds like somethin is ratteling inside but sometimes when i shake it the rattling stops so my queastion is what should i do i just found out my ipod warrenty expired so yea im screwed if u guys can help plz hook me up i need it very bad...all im asking is for ways to fix it i tried the droping it solution doesnt work so well...soo yea if youve had this problem and fixed it or know ways of fixing it let me know im desperate plz i need my ipod im goin crazy without it thanks ^_^

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mate, do you feel up to replacing the hard drive? iFixit has some guides on how this can be done, depending on your iPod model.

3. twilight213 thread starter macrumors newbie

idk

ahah if i can fix it without replacing that would be awsome but if its not possible then i have no choice but if i can fix it and still have everything i did when it messed up that would be so much better and plus i dont reallly have the money to buy a HD right now im so broke

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, the free option might be to use the inbuilt disk repair app in OSX (Disk Utility) to reformat the drive. I dunno if it'll get you very far, but it's worth a shot. Good luck.

5. twilight213 thread starter macrumors newbie

sadly i use windows i plan on gettign a mac very soon though but yea dont think that will help me is there a way to see a video of the same problem i have and someone fixing it that would be awsome

6. twilight213 thread starter macrumors newbie

its been a day so far and still nothin can anyone out there help me without having to replace anything there must be a way im desperate

7. triobot macrumors member

triobot

erm if something is rattling, the least likely thing is the Hard Drive Disk. It would be a fragment of the motherboard. Have you opened the ipod yet?
    If you got warrenty, try sending it back ???