Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
I have a 4G Ipod Photo 60 GB, and it has been having a weird problem lately. When I first select a song, album, playlist, etc to listen to it will lock up for a few seconds. Then it starts to play, but then it locks up again for a few more seconds, then plays for a second, then locks up again, and then finally plays normally. If I skip a song it does this "stuttering" again. I thought a restore might help, but it actually seems to have made the problem worse! I also put the ipod in diagnostic mode and ran all the tests and everything came back fine. The disk is formatted to FAT so I can use it on my macbook and also on my work PC, but it checks out as healthy when I scan it. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this? It is starting to get really annoying! Thanks. :)

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
sounds like it has a speech impediment.
have you called apple? Can you? Sounds like your hard drive is failing.

Haven't called apple since it is way out of warranty at this point, so I didn't think they would help. Guess it is worth a shot though.... there is an Apple store not far from my house. Any guess as to how much a replacement drive is? Thanks for the help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.