Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesk1llerz

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
My Ipod headphones broke(the ones that came with Ipod) and I was wondering if you can buy them again, the exact same ones, for reasonable price. :) :D ;) :eek: :p :cool: :rolleyes:

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
Lots of love from that price range

I really recommend the Head-direct RE2, a noise-isolating earphone. Great balance and clarity, okay build, but overall, one of the best sounds for under 50$.

Just for your reference, lots of headphone reviews at TMA:

MEELectronics also makes killer earphones for 19$ and 39$ apiece.

Review: MEELectronics M6 and M9
Review: Head-Direct RE2

The problem with the RE2 (which used to be 99$ and is now 39$) is that it comes now with a headphone amp - fine, it may be a good deal, but I'd rather buy an earphone - just an earphone - for a lower price.

I am testing an earphone from Brainwavez called the M1 - a very decent-sounding earphone that should retail for 29$. Good cable, good stress relief, but the cable is a bit microphonic.

Headphones anything, though, and I am a nut. Customs to cheapos, I've stupidly bought into them all!

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
apple headphones suck so much and they are expensive for how much they cost apple to make have you seen the inside of the headphones? they are a magnet and some wires. 30 bucks my ass its worth 5 bucks.

I have gone through 6 apple earphones only because they came with my ipod anf iphones i have bought.

I recommend buying cheap earphones from somewhere in the 5-10 dollar range. If your using earphones its for portability not music quality.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
My favorite part of the post is you calling Apple Earbuds crap, and then recommending Skullcandy earphones.
Skullcandy is fine.
apple headphones suck so much and they are expensive for how much they cost apple to make have you seen the inside of the headphones? they are a magnet and some wires. 30 bucks my ass its worth 5 bucks.

I have gone through 6 apple earphones only because they came with my ipod anf iphones i have bought.

I recommend buying cheap earphones from somewhere in the 5-10 dollar range. If your using earphones its for portability not music quality.
$5? I'd say more along $1. At most. They probably cost 5 cents to make.

If you have the money, Klipsch is one of the best from cNet reviews.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan

how many pairs of headphones have you seen the inside of

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
I really recommend the Head-direct RE2, a noise-isolating earphone. Great balance and clarity, okay build, but overall, one of the best sounds for under 50$.

Just for your reference, lots of headphone reviews at TMA:

MEELectronics also makes killer earphones for 19$ and 39$ apiece.

Review: MEELectronics M6 and M9
Review: Head-Direct RE2

The problem with the RE2 (which used to be 99$ and is now 39$) is that it comes now with a headphone amp - fine, it may be a good deal, but I'd rather buy an earphone - just an earphone - for a lower price.

I am testing an earphone from Brainwavez called the M1 - a very decent-sounding earphone that should retail for 29$. Good cable, good stress relief, but the cable is a bit microphonic.

Headphones anything, though, and I am a nut. Customs to cheapos, I've stupidly bought into them all!

It says your location is South Korea. Any suggestions on where to purchase the RE2 in South Korea? thanks

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
Re262

Hey mate,

I don't know of any Head-Direct dealers here in Korea. I ordered mine from the States. They ship quickly. If you want to meet up and try some amazing phones, message me!

Kattrina

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Ipod Bluetooth

I am new here and don't know if this has been answered. I was wondering if a bluetooth works with the the new ipod touch. I do a lot of walking and for the most part listen to audiobooks. I live out in the country and only wear one of the earphones so if I could find a bluetooth from a cellphone that would be perfect for me.
I hope I don't sound to off the wall here.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
I am new here and don't know if this has been answered. I was wondering if a bluetooth works with the the new ipod touch. I do a lot of walking and for the most part listen to audiobooks. I live out in the country and only wear one of the earphones so if I could find a bluetooth from a cellphone that would be perfect for me.
I hope I don't sound to off the wall here.

bluetooth does work with the 4th generation ipod touch. i've successfully linked up my jawbone bluetooth headset with it and was able to stream audio to it. i friend of mine also linked her stereo bluetooth headset to her ipad, so I assume the ipod touch should work with that as well.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
looking for good quality earphones with remote/mic

i've been using the apple earphones with remote and mic and have been pretty happy with them. however, the plastic around the end with the stereo plug is starting to come off so i'm looking at possible alternatives for my next earphones.

i'm not a fan of the in-ear headphones and i'm not an audiophile, but i'd like a decent quality sound and more importantly, i need one with a remote/volume control (I find that very useful) and i'd like them to be earbuds.

recommendations?

Kattrina

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
bluetooth does work with the 4th generation ipod touch. i've successfully linked up my jawbone bluetooth headset with it and was able to stream audio to it. i friend of mine also linked her stereo bluetooth headset to her ipad, so I assume the ipod touch should work with that as well.

I have a Jawbone that I use to use with a Motorola E815 phone but it will not pair with my Ipod Touch 4th Generation. What Jawbone do you use?

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
i've been using the apple earphones with remote and mic and have been pretty happy with them. however, the plastic around the end with the stereo plug is starting to come off so i'm looking at possible alternatives for my next earphones.

i'm not a fan of the in-ear headphones and i'm not an audiophile, but i'd like a decent quality sound and more importantly, i need one with a remote/volume control (I find that very useful) and i'd like them to be earbuds.

recommendations?
Sony makes 5 or 6 that have the remote and mic on the cable for idevices. works all the phone/audio functions like ff, rewind, pause, skip f & b, voice control, mic. works on iPad too.
I use the EX black in-ears but they have the bud type in 5 colors, and larger over the ears type too. Mine sound great. Sound better than any Apple one I've had.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644708999&N=4294951205

Last edited:

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
I agree with almost everyone who has suggested that you purchase headphones or earbuds. Almost anything you purchase will be much better than the ones supplied by Apple. Spending $30 - $50 should get you a nice set. You will be amazed at how much better the music will sound. I suggest you borrow some from a friend to give a listen.

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
I got some clearance Sony MDR-EX36V (has volume control) for $18 at Best Buy and they sound SO MUCH BETTER than the stock Apple headphones. The EX36Vs has great highs, mids, and especially lows (great for all you bassheads), and is without a doubt superior to the stock Apple headphones. I would strongly recommend these headphones to anyone looking for comfortable, great-sounding budget-headphones.

ericstuart1006

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
Hello,

HHmm i can understand your problem because i have lost my i phone headphone too. You can use any other headphone that support your device. You just visit any electronic showroom along with your song player and check each headphone available there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.