ipod help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by hotrod351, Apr 17, 2007.

1. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

well i just received my ipod today. the problem im having is that i can't figure out how to delete songs from it. i click the arrow to the left and it opens the the list but all the songs are faded and i can't click on them to highlight them to delete them.

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I think that if you have it set to sync everything with your iTunes library, then it won't let you change anything on the iPod. You can change it in the preferences of iTunes to "manually manage music," and that should take care of it.

3. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

No, I know exactly what you're doing. You're clicking the drop down arrow next to your iPod under Devices in iTunes, right? Which than displays all your playlists and music that is on your iPod. The music you see there can't be altered. It's actually what you do when the iPod is not connected that will delete songs. If your set to auto sync, simply delete the songs in your iTunes library and sync your iPod again. Your iPod is a mirror image of iTunes. If it's not in iTunes, it's not on your iPod. :D

4. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

i unsync and now i can delete the songs. thanks for all the help pointing me in the right direction. one more question. once i hook the ipod up a page comes up that says im connected to a 1.1 usb and for better performance i should use a 2.0. the back of my g4 has two usb ports, one for my keyboard and one for usb hub that my printer, picture mate, iomega and now my ipod. do i need to buy a 2.0 hub or can i buy a tee and plug it in the back of my computer so i can tee off for the ipod.

5. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Getting a 2.0 hub will not increase performance unless you actually have a 2.0 port on your computer. Maybe both of your USB ports are 1.1? If you don't have a 2.0 port, you can just ignore that message.

6. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

thats what i figured, thanks. the ipod works great and sounds even better.