iPod Hi-Fi problem with iPod Touch (OS 3.0)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wdmeuk, Jun 19, 2009.

1. wdmeuk macrumors newbie

Just upgraded to the iPhone OS 3.0 on my 1st gen iPod Touch and when I turn the volume up whilst it's in the iPod Hi-Fi, the volume dips when I've finished turning it up... When I push the volume up again the volume slider on the iPod touch then moves down to where it dipped.

Sorry, it's quite hard to explain! Basically, when I turn the volume up to 50%, the sound dips to 25%.... the slider still shows 50% until I press the volume up button and it would move the slider to 25%. (If I wanted to play my music at 50% I would have to turn it up to 75% and wait for it to dip to 50%!)

I have reset the iPod touch and restored it but the problem still exists. OS 1.0 and 2.0 didn't have this problem. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a solution? Thanks!

2. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

Check in your settings to see if you have a volume limit set.

Settings > iPod > Volume Limit

3. wdmeuk thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked and I had no volume limit setup. However, I have now setup one to my "normal" volume and turn it up as far as it goes and it no longer dips so thanks for giving me the idea! :D

4. KSB macrumors newbie

KSB

I have the same issue with my iPod touch 1gen and haven't found any solution to it :confused:

5. tayaub macrumors newbie

This used to happen to me with my iPhone on previous firmware. I had to re-install the firmware again for it to be sorted.

6. wdmeuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Annoyingly, the volume limit doesn't work today on my iPod Hi-Fi. I was quite shocked it did work yesterday as I thought it only worked for headphones but it must have been another 'bug'. Basically, this problem still exists :(

7. jakkes macrumors newbie

Ipod Hifi problem with Ipod touch

teh same problem with my Ipod touch.
    The volume slider has started a life of his own when it is on the Ipod Hifi.
    The problem exists since the update 3.0
    hope they will solve the problem quickly