Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronthomas

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Wondering if it makes a difference in the cables i use. I use the hi rez settings on handbreak...at home i have 30inch tube and the picture is fine using the normal cables(red white and yellow)... last nite i brought movies to watch at my folks place and they have a 32inch 1080i tv... the picture was a bit off... the blacks on the screen were a bit blocky. Wondering if I used the high def cables would the picture be better. I have bumped up all my settings as suggested while using the Ipod hi res settings. Thanks

Sehnsucht

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2008
Wondering if it makes a difference in the cables i use. I use the hi rez settings on handbreak...at home i have 30inch tube and the picture is fine using the normal cables(red white and yellow)... last nite i brought movies to watch at my folks place and they have a 32inch 1080i tv... the picture was a bit off... the blacks on the screen were a bit blocky. Wondering if I used the high def cables would the picture be better. I have bumped up all my settings as suggested while using the Ipod hi res settings. Thanks

That would be a YES...the A/V (red, white, yellow) cables you are currently using will definitely NOT display a very good picture quality on an HDTV. The component cables (red, blue, green plus white, red for audio) will improve picture quality very noticeably. Just note: some of it also has to do with the brand of HDTV...I've noticed that cheaper brands like Westinghouse, Vizio, RCA, Sanyo and Emerson tend to display a grainier picture.

:cool:

aaronthomas

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Thanks sooo much for your reply! Ill pick some up and give them a shot!
Aaron

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.