Ipod Home Button wiring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by schuyler113, Sep 30, 2010.

1. schuyler113 macrumors newbie

I just replaced the digitzer and midsection on my ipod, haven't snapped it down though. Does the home button run through the ribbon cable for the digitizer? Or does it only work when pushed all the way down into the device? What I'm trying to say is.. haven't snapped in the new midsection/digitzer yet, but the home button is not working.

Schuyler

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

3. schuyler113 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I replaced the screen, however, it almost seems like it is not calibrated correctly. When I push general in settings, it will select Music or Brightness.

Correction: It seems that it is actually one strip of the screen that does this. If I scroll down some, it will happen to the same setting that takes its place.
    Also if I play a game, I can't get an object to move past this point. Even with a lot of force behind it, it will stop at that point.

4. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

The home button is wired part of the digitizer, since I've replaced my LCD and digitizer before I found it strange how it worked. seems to be fine though.

What you need to do, is pull your digitizer off (the touch screen) and make sure the ribbon connector is attached correctly, otherwise some lines of sensors don't work properly (hence your problem)

5. schuyler113 thread starter macrumors newbie