iPod internal speaker

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by saxophonegeek, Feb 11, 2008.

1. saxophonegeek macrumors newbie

I know the iPhone has an external speaker, (duh) but the Touch has an internal one, else how could it play alarms, and the keyboard clicks. I'm just curious as to if there's any way you could hack it so that the tiny internal speaker will play a sound when I have new e-mail (through the mail program) just as the sound does for the iPhone. . . . Any help?

2. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

I second this. I'm surprised there isn't a program/patch already.

Just a series of "doots" from low to high (5 of them) at 1/4 seconds apart would be dandy.

3. Jin666 macrumors member

I agree I would find this useful also when I get my hands on mine next week.

4. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I thought this would be a 'how can we hack it to get the music to come out of teh speaker' type post but you're suggestion seems very sensible. I second it (Y)

5. Darkjenso macrumors regular

the speaker is very basic, very very basic that can only streach otself to a few DB, and anyway, if you think about it, every ipod had had a speaker if only to make the clicking sound

in short, i really dont think it can be done, at least, nothing like what you are thinking

6. Fofer macrumors 6502a

Eh, it's not impossible...

All it would require would be for the same alarms that play with the Clock app, to play with the email app (or some helper email app.)

7. VToX macrumors member

I think this would be very helpful/fun to use.

8. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

way to restate exactly what that guy just said